Before you update…
If you are in doubt whether you want to stay on version 3.0 of FusionReactor make a backup of your FusionReactor instance directory before you run the FusionReactor 3.0 Setup and store it in a safe directory. When uninstalling FusionReactor the complete FusionReactor directory will be removed.
But I have already updated …
If you have already updated your FusionReactor 2.0.x version to 3.0 the configuration of all local FusionReactor instances found in the FusionReactor/instance directory has been upgraded to the current version. This upgrade has not changed your previous configuration but you have to apply some minor modifcations to it to be able to use it with FusionReactor 2.0.x again.
Downgrading from 3.0 to 2.0 without losing the configuration and log files
The following procedure describes the steps you have to do to switch back to FusionReactor 2.0 without losing your configuration and log files.
- Make a backup of the Fusionreactor/instance directory and place it in a different directory (outside the FusionReactor install directory!)
- Uninstall FusionReactor 3.0
- Install FusionReactor 2.0 to the server you had installed it before and add a FusionReactor instance with the same name you used before
- Stop the server
- Copy the backup of your Fusionreactor/instance directory (you made in step 1) to the current Fusionreactor/instance directory, overriding all files.
- Open the reactor.conf files of your FusionReactor instance (Fusionreactor/instance/<your instance>/conf/reactor.conf) and perform the following changes:
- add the line password=D41D8CD98F00B204E9800998ECF8427E
- find the line containing version=3 and change it to version=2
- Repeat the previous step for any other FusionReactor instances you have configured
- Restart the server and login with the empty password.
- Set a new password to secure your FusionReactor installation
- In the Enterprise Dashboard you will see all instances you have configured previously. In the Instance Manager only the current instance is already configured.
- Add any other local instances again using the same name as shown in the Enterprise Dashboard to have them under control of the Instance Manager again.
|Last Updated:||23/Jan/08 4:50 PM|
|Server:||ColdFusion 6, ColdFusion 7, ColdFusion 8, Flex Data Services, JBoss, Jetty, JRun 4, LiveCycle Data Services, Railo, ServletExec, Tomcat, WebSphere, WebLogic|
|Platform:||Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows 2003, Linux, MacOS, Solaris, Windows Vista|
FRS-194: After upgrading a FusionReactor 2.0.4 to FusionReactor 3.0.x, I can no longer log in