NOTE: This Technote relates to FusionReactor version 2.0.x only. Please see the linked technote FRS 197 for the FusionReactor version 3.0.0 hotfix
On Windows platforms, the stack trace feature may stop working sometimes especially when the monitored server is under heavy load.
The problem is caused by an issue in the native library being unable to gain access to the output of the stack trace data sometimes.
We have prepared a hotfix native library (FusionReactor.dll) that resolves this issue. You must replace the FusionReactor.dll running in each instance of FusionReactor and in the FusionReactor/etc/lib folder (so that new instances will use the hotfix library).
This hotfix applies only to Windows installations of FusionReactor 2.0.0, 2.0.1, 2.0.2, 2.0.3 and 2.0.4 versions. Please see the linked tickets for the hotfix for Windows installations of FR 3.0.0.
- Locate the original FusionReactor.dll. Seach for FusionReactor.dll under the monitored server's installation folder (e.g. on a ColdFusion MX7 server the CF installation folder may be C:CFusionMX7). Here are the locations of where the DLL is typically installed on some sample servers:
Installation Type Location Standalone ColdFusion 6.1 <CFMX>runtimebin or <CFMX>lib (make sure that you only have the FusionReactor.dll in one of these locations) Standalone ColdFusion 7 <CFMX>runtimebin or <CFMX>lib (make sure that you only have the FusionReactor.dll in one of these locations) Standalone ColdFusion 8 <CFMX>runtimebin or <CFMX>lib (make sure that you only have the FusionReactor.dll in one of these locations) Multi Server ColdFusion <JRUN>bin JRun4 <JRUN4>bin Tomcat 4,5,6 <TOMCAT>bin JBoss 3,4,4.2,5 <JBOSS>bin Jetty <JETTY> Servlet Exec AS5,6 <SERVLETEXEC>bin Railo Railix, Express <RAILO> Railo Resin <RAILO>win32>
- Stop the monitored server (e.g. ColdFusion, Tomcat, JBoss etc)
- Backup the current FusionReactor.dll file from it's current location (see above) to the desktop (in case of problems, this file can be restored).
- Replace the current FusionReactor.dll file with hotfix FusionReactor.dll file, overwriting the original. Note the new native library is smaller than the existing library.
- Copy the hotfix FusionReactor.dll file into the folder <FUSIONREACTOR>/etc/lib (e.g. C:FusionReactoretclib), overwriting the copy that is already there. (This file is used for new instances installed via the instance manager.)
- Restart the monitored server (e.g. ColdFusion, Tomcat, JBoss etc)
In case of problems, stop the monitored server, copy the backup (original) FusionReactor.dll file back to the original location and <FUSIONREACTOR>/etc/lib folder and restart the monitored server.
You must repeat this procedure for every monitored server that contains a FusionReactor instance on the computer, e.g. If you have 2 ColdFusion server instances and 2 Tomcat servers on a computer, all of which have FusionReactor installed in them, you must follow the procedure for all 4 servers.
|Last Updated:||03/Mar/08 5:31 PM|
|Affects Version:||2.0, 2.0.3, 2.0.4|
|Fixed Version:||2.0, 2.0.3, 2.0.4|
|Server:||ColdFusion 6, ColdFusion 7, ColdFusion 8, Flex Data Services, JBoss, Jetty, JRun 4, LiveCycle Data Services, Railo, ServletExec, Tomcat, WebSphere, WebLogic|
|Platform:||Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows 2003|
FRS-197: Stack Trace (stack dump) sometimes stops working although they did work when FusionReactor was started. (Only affects Windows servers).