*NOTE: This Technote relates to FusionReactor version 3.0.0 only on Solaris (Sparc).
On Solaris 8/9 and some Solaris 10 Sparc installations the FusionReactor Native Library does not load and no CPU information is available. An error like the following may be generated in the J2EE log files:
The problem is caused by the fact that the libstdc ++.so.6 ( C ++ lib ) is not available but is required by FusionReactor native library to load.
We have prepared a hotfix native library (libFusionReactor.sparc.so) that resolves this issue. You must replace the libFusionReactor.sparc.so running in each instance of FusionReactor and in the FusionReactor/etc/lib folder (so that new instances will use the hotfix library).
NOTE: Only Instance CPU monitoring works on Solaris. FusionReactor on Solaris currently does not support System CPU monitoring.
This hotfix applies only to Solaris installations of FusionReactor 3.0.0 versions that fail to load the FusionReactor native library due to the error above (this hotfix will be integrated into future FR 3.x updates).
- Locate the original libFusionReactor.sparc.so. Seach for libFusionReactor.sparc.so under the monitored server's installation folder. Here are the locations of where the SO is typically installed on some sample servers:
Installation Type Location Standalone ColdFusion 6.1 <CFMX>/runtime/bin or <CFMX>/lib (make sure that you only have the libFusionReactor.sparc.so in one of these locations) Standalone ColdFusion 7 <CFMX>/runtime/bin or <CFMX>/lib (make sure that you only have the libFusionReactor.sparc.so in one of these locations) Standalone ColdFusion 8 <CFMX>/runtime/bin or <CFMX>/lib (make sure that you only have the libFusionReactor.sparc.so in one of these locations) Multi Server ColdFusion <JRUN>/bin JRun4 <JRUN4>/bin Tomcat 4,5,6 <TOMCAT>/bin JBoss 3,4,4.2,5 <JBOSS>/bin Jetty <JETTY>
- Stop the monitored server (e.g. ColdFusion, Tomcat, JBoss etc)
- Backup the current libFusionReactor.sparc.so file from it's current location (see above) to the desktop (in case of problems, this file can be restored).
- Replace the current libFusionReactor.sparc.so file with hotfix libFusionReactor.sparc.so file, overwriting the original. Note the new native library is smaller than the existing library.
- Copy the hotfix libFusionReactor.sparc.so file into the folder <FUSIONREACTOR>/etc/lib overwriting the copy that is already there. (This file is used for new instances installed via the instance manager.)
- Restart the monitored server (e.g. ColdFusion, Tomcat, JBoss etc)
In case of problems, stop the monitored server, copy the backup (original) libFusionReactor.sparc.so file back to the original location and <FUSIONREACTOR>/etc/lib folder and restart the monitored server.
You must repeat this procedure for every monitored server that contains a FusionReactor instance on the computer, e.g. If you have 2 ColdFusion server instances and 2 Tomcat servers on a computer, all of which have FusionReactor installed in them, you must follow the procedure for all 4 servers.
|Last Updated:||07/Apr/08 10:48 PM|
|Server:||ColdFusion 6, ColdFusion 7, ColdFusion 8, JBoss, Jetty, JRun 4, Tomcat, WebSphere, WebLogic|