When the FusionReactor 10-day trial expires, datasources wrapped with the JDBC Driver Wrapper may fail with a Null Pointer Exception.
This issue occurs because of two issues in FusionReactor's licensing and JDBC logging modules, and only exhibits if JDBC Logging is enabled at the time of expiry.
The issue does not exhibit if:
- JDBC Logging is disabled at the time the trial expiry occurs.
- Any FusionReactor Administrator page is called (including the Trial Expired page).
- This step causes the JDBC logging to start.
These issues have been fixed in 3.0.1. We are providing a workaround for an immediate solution.
A – Licensing
- Ensure the system remains licensed by contacting support to obtain a further trial, or purchase a retail license.
- Visit the FusionReactor Administrator pages. This step must, however, be performed after every service restart.
B – Logging
- Prior to trial expiry, disable JDBC Logging in the FusionReactor Administrator.
If the trial has already expired:
- Disable JDBC Logging by editing the reactor.conf file:
- Locate the configuration file, usually /FusionReactor/instance/INSTANCENAME/conf/reactor.conf
- Make a backup of this file in a safe location.
- Edit the file, and change jdbc.logfile.active=true to jdbc.logfile.active=false
- Save the file.
- Restart your J2EE (Coldfusion, JRun) service.
This workaround has been tested against Revision: 3.0.0, Build: FR-HEAD.967.8763
Customers are strongly encouraged to update to FusionReactor 3.0.1 when it becomes generally available.
|Last Updated:||16/Sep/08 10:58 AM|
|Affects Version:||1.0, 2.0, 2.0.3, 2.0.4, 3.0|