CPU metrics are not available in FusionReactor on AIX operating systems. This is most visible from the System Metrics charts.
FusionReactor uses a native code plugin to retrieve these system level metrics directly from the operating system.
We have built a native plugin library to call the "libperfstat" library for direct integration into FusionReactor.
Simply follow the instructions from instructions.txt in the attached AIX-NativePlugin-301.zip to add CPU metrics on IBM AIX platforms.
- FusionReactor 3.0.1 or later
- You can browse to "About" under the "FusionReactor" tab of the FusionReactor web interface to verify which version of FusionReactor you are running.
- Performance Statistics Library 126.96.36.199 or later
- You can check for its presence with the following command:
- Which should result in output simiilar to:
- Put the library file (libFusionReactor.aix.so) into the java.library.path or LD_LIBRARY_PATH. The easiest way to do this for your entire machine is to copy the attached library into "/usr/lib" making it available to all JVM instances.
- Restart your instance.
- Verify CPU metrics are available by browsing to "System Metrics" under the "Metrics" tab of the FusionReactor web interface.
|Components:||CPU + Memory, Metrics|
|Last Updated:||20/Aug/09 5:08 PM|