This Technote will describe the steps required to upgrade a Railo bundled FusionReactor 3.x installation to FusionReactor 4.x
The procedure required to upgrade is to manually remove the FusionReactor instance installed on the Railo Server, install FusionReactor 4.x including FRAM and to install FusionReactor into the Railo server again using FRAM's Instance Manager.
The following example has been developed for the Windows operating system, using Railo Server with Tomcat 3.2.3.000, and assumes the Railo Server has been installed in the default location of C:railo.
- Navigate to the directory where Railo is installed and shut Railo down. Stop Tomcat using shutdown.bat which by default, is located within C:railotomcatbin)
- Once the server has been shutdown, navigate to C:railotomcatconf and open up the web.xml file. Remove the <filter> and <filter-mapping> which contains the FusionReactor filter definitions. For example:
- Delete the fusionreactor.jar from C:railotomcatlib.
- Delete the whole fusionreactor folder located C:railo
- Install FusionReactor 4.x. Please follow the relevant Installation Guide.
- After the installation is complete, the Instance Manager and the Initial Server Scan wizard displayed, Visit https://intergral.atlassian.net/wiki/display/FR40/Instance+Manager for more information on FRAM and the Instance Manager.
- Run the server scan to make FRAM detect installed servers. Railo will show up as an Apache Tomcat server which you can then Install a FusionReactor Instance into. See the screenshot below.
- If the initial server scan doesn't start, you can add the Railo Server manually. At the top of the Instance Manager, type C:railotomcat in the 'Server Root Directory' input box, and change the server type to Apache Tomcat. Click 'Add Server" to add it to the Instance Manager. You can then add FusionReactor to the instance by clicking Add Instance and following the guide.
|Last Updated:||30/Aug/11 3:54 PM|