It is possible that sending emails from Crash Protection can affect request performance. Typically the following stack trace element can be seen in Stack traces for long periods when this problem occurs:
FRRequestQuantityGate.doNotification – java.lang.Thread.State: BLOCKED in Stack Trace.
When FusionReactor sends a Crash Protection email, it sends it synchronously. If the SMTP server does not process the email quickly, web request processing can be blocked until the email is sent.
This hotfix addresses the issue by sending the Crash Protection emails asynchronously, allowing web request processing to continue without waiting for the SMTP server.
The Protection Email Settings "Thread Stack Trace Should Consider" defaults to "All Threads" which makes these emails quite large. Changing the setting to "No Threads" or "Threads with open transactions" will reduce the size of the emails and reduce the impact of this issue.
- Stop your application server (e.g. CF10 or tomcat etc.)
- Go to the following directory FusionReactor instance folder: e.g. C:FusionReactorinstanceINSTANCE_NAME where INSTANCE_NAME is the name of your instance, and create a backup of the fusionreactor.jar located within it.
- Place the hotfix fusionreactor.jar in this directory.
- Start your application server.
- Base Version: 5.2.7
This build does not include any additional hot fixes.
- fusionreactor.jar – md5sum 35fe6295e3cc9664c795e3122508d622
|Last Updated:||09/Oct/15 8:41 AM|