1. Download the files
2. Install & Configure the Java agent
1. In your app server’s root directory, create a unique directory in the FusionReactor Instance directory and copy the FusionReactor JAR and the (environment specific) Debugger lib file (downloaded previously) into this directory:
See Installation Documentation for all environments
2. Edit the JVM settings of the application server that you want to monitor and add the following options to your JVM arguments:
- Linux (example using Tomcat setenv.sh file) install documentation
export JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS $FR_OPTS"
- Mac OS
3. Restart your Application Server for the changes to take effect e.g. Tomcat
3. Login to FusionReactor and activate the trial license
1. Enter http://localhost:8088 in your web browser and log into FusionReactor – you will prompted to create an Admin password
2. Activate Your TRIAL License
- Go to the FusionReactor / About page here
- Enter your FusionReactor TRIAL license key in the field provided and click the Apply button
- You should receive a message that the license has been activated
ATTENTION If your server is NOT connected to the interenet
- You will need to perform a Manual Activation
- Follow the instructions explained in the documentation
3. START MONITORING
Important Points to Note
- The address port (8088) must be different for each instance that you have on the same host. People typically use 8088, 8089, 8090 etc.
- INSTANCE_NAME should reflect the instance you are installing into e,g, tomcat7
- You should have appropriate permissions to create the directory and the application service will have to have appropriate RW access
- The Debugger supports 3 different 64 bit operating systems – you will be required to use the lib files for your system:
- Java only allows one debugger at a time to be used. If you use JDWP (Java Debug Wire Protocol) you need to disable it to use FusionReactor Debugger. Having 2 configured will result in a warning from FusionReactor saying it cannot acquire the capabilities to debug the Java server. Please remove lines like this from the java arguments:
If you are updating an existing FusionReactor Instance.
- Download the latest FusionReactor JAR and the latest Debugger Lib zip file.
- Stop your application server.
- Replace the fusionreactor.jar file and the platform specific debugger lib file with the new ones (in the instance you’re updating).
- Start your application server.
- Log into FusionReactor locally.