Ever wondered what could be the distinguishing factor between PS4 and PS5? Since the announcement of PS4 in 2013, it has favorably dragged the game of thrones with the Microsoft Xbox one and has gone ahead to be ranked highest in the Sony top global console sales.
By October 2019, PS4 became the second best-selling home game console of all time, behind PlayStation 2. Sony unveiled the PlayStation 4 Slim, a smaller version of the Console; and a high-end version called the PlayStation 4 Pro, which features an upgraded GPU and a higher CPU clock rate to support enhanced performance.
The PlayStation 4 video game console by Sony Computer Entertainment was produced with loads of impressive features for a unique gaming experience. In this article, we will try to compare the PS4 with the latest PS5.
The HDR-enabled PS4 games come in arrays of color, and clarity on HDR TVs; delivering a vibrant, realistic spectrum of colors, contrast, and unique gaming experience. With an HDR-enabled TV, this setting on your PS4 will provide a broader color spectrum closer to what the human eye can detect.
PS4 is set up with a DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller. With this controller, it can perform a range of functions which includes but not limited to;
- Capturing and sharing: It captures and shares your most significant and exciting moments using the share button on the DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller to screengrab videos and share them to your social media handles – YouTube, Twitter, and more.
- Customization: Customizing your account with a unique avatar to share with your friend’s list. While also having the ability to change your profile’s background image and color scheme with a screenshot from your favorite game, or create your custom dashboard theme. All these can be done with your PlayStation Network account signed in with the PlayStation app installed on your mobile device.
- The Connect and Socialize: Another amazing feature in the PS4 Console includes the,’ connect with friends and socialize’ feature. Here you can see their profiles from your friend’s list, and “follow” people of your choice, including content creators, game broadcasters, and game developers to see what they are playing and sharing. Send private messages to friends or create group chats to organize game nights. Create parties and invite friends for group voice and text chat, and join each other’s online games or continue group chat while you all play solo. Sign up for unique online multiplayer community and anniversary events for your favorite games. Sign up also for solo and team-based tournaments in the events section to compete for glory!
All these and other features set PS4 apart.
The price of a console could greatly determine what to choose. The PS4 Pro sales price stood at £299 in the Black Friday PS4 sales and is highly likely to be the cheaper option between both consoles. Its price will tumble even more once its big brother is released later this year.
– Main processor
– Single-chip custom processor CPU: x86-64 AMD “Jaguar”, 8 cores GPU: 1.84 TFLOPS, AMD Radeon™ based graphics engine
– Memory – GDDR5 8GB
– Storage size – 500GB, 1TB
– Media type: Blue-ray
– Optical: 4K UHD
– External dimensions – Approx. 265×39×288 mm (width × height × length) (excludes most massive projection)
However, as we anticipate the formal launching of PS5. What has changed, and what should we expect?
With the PS5 set to be launched during the 2020 holiday season, here are some features expected, that could make a whole difference.
The PS5 has a clear advantage when it comes to Virtual Reality gaming, a newly expanding technology, and one set to take over the gaming world. If you’ve ever used a VR headset, the electrifying feeling of stepping inside a game is mind-blowing, and this is set to happen with PS5. It gives a new immersive and real gaming experience. This will turn around the future of gaming.
The controller is about one of the essential factors in deciding the Console to settle for. This is because it’s one part touched most often. Although the PS5 controller looks very similar to the PS4 controller, there are many optimized features. The DualSense controller was announced in April as a significant step up from the PS4’s DualShock 4.
PS5 is set up with a Haptic feedback controller. The dual sense controller gives haptic feedback triggers which allow the resistance of the catalysts to change depending on the situation. For example, in a racing game, the resistance will vary depending on the road surface.
Game designer and developer of ‘Thomas was alone’, Bithell, lends his opinion that, “ the demo’s he has seen of the DualSense controller pertain explicitly to the haptic feedback felt by raindrops, implying that the device will allow users to feel when it is raining.” Similarly, it could render the exposure to other weather-related events and connect the feedback to the sound effects, giving players a completely revolutionized gaming experience. Another striking feature of the new controller is the ‘create’ button as opposed to the share button on the PS4. With the Create button, you can easily share and create content.
Another stunning feature of the PS5’s controller is the incorporation of a built-in microphone. This will let gamers talk to each other online with more ease and without the need to use headphones that include a microphone.
With wide speculation, the PS5 is estimated at $499 about £380 and AUS$745. Although Sony claims it does not know the price of the PS5, in a recent interview with Sony’s Jim Ryan, he addressed the speculation around the PS5 cost. He didn’t reveal the price, but Ryan did suggest the PS5 price could hit gamers’ savings.
– GPU: 10.28 TFLOPs, 36 CUs at 2.23GHz (variable frequency) with RDNA 2 architecture
– CPU: AMD Zen 2-based CPU with 8 cores at 3.5GHz (variable frequency)
– Memory: 16GB GDDR6, 256-bit interface, 448GB/s bandwidth
– Storage: Custom 825GB SSD with 5.5GB/s (raw), typical 8-9GB/s (compressed)
– Expandable storage: NVMe SSD slot, USB HDD support (for PS4 games only)
– Optical: 4K UHD Blu Ray drive
– Visuals: Native 4K 120Hz + 8K
– Audio: Temptest 3D
In all, the PS5 controller could be one exclusive selling point of the PS5 Console over other video gaming consoles—a paradigm shift from the PS4 DualShock 4.